Above All: Sept 15th - 20th
Just wanted to say thank you to all of you! I'm pumped about the upcoming year and grateful for your commitment. Servants of Christ in action!!
We are so blessed at Calvary! The quality and number of musicians is so wonderful. I've had the opportunity to be at a number of other church's over the last month and a half, and in all honesty, could hardly wait to be back serving at Calvary. We have it good! Now I'm not saying that the other church's were bad, just, we have much to be thankful for. Sometimes you need to step away to realize what you have.
Special shout out to Andrew McDonald and his family this week. He filled in on bass guitar extra short notice as I made an oops in scheduling. Four young children and jobs making for busy lives, sacrificing to play bass. Thank you McDonalds!!
If you have an encouragement for someone in the ministry, why don't you list it in the comments below. Let's grow in our thankfulness, love, and encouragement of one another!
But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called "Today," so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. Hebrews 3:13
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
It's a bit of a quite'r week. Please keep the following in mind:
1) Pray for Corinne and the team as they lead us in music on Sunday.
2) Next Thursday is our kick off meeting. Sept 24 @ 7pm
3) Pray for songs! Written and sung by our congregation! :)
Below this is the weekly devotion. This week's touches an area the Lord is really pressing me and Michelle on currently. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I encourage you to read it if you don't normally. :)
by Tom Kraeuter, Hillsboro, Missouri ... click here to read!
1. Which one of the ideas from the last paragraph might be beneficial for you to do?
2. Are there other tangible ways that you could demonstrate love for the others in the worship ministry?
3. What about ways to express love to the people in the congregation?