Bible Study Tool P - SOAP – Q (No background music)
- Ask God to speak to you
- Ask God to help you understand what your reading
- Ask God what is distracting you right now, and how you should deal with it
- Tell God how you feel about him right now (Honestly)
- Read through 1 chapter where you are at
- Read it a second time, pay attention to the main theme, what is it?
- Read it a third time, are there any key words that are jumping off the page at you?
Observe Write down the main theme
- Write down the ‘key’ words that stick out to you
- Write down 1 or 2 key verses that “impact, challenge you, or you just noticed”
- Write down what do you not understand from this chapter?
Application (write these answers down to)
- What did you learn from this chapter
- Is there an example to follow?
- How would the world be different if they followed the main theme of this chapter?
- Are there actions to take or avoid??
- What might Jesus be teaching you through this chapter?
- Share with someone what you learned here today!
- Ask Jesus to keep speaking to you through this chapter in the next days to come
- Ask Jesus to help you apply the verse that stuck out to you to your life
- Ask Jesus to give you an opportunity to share what you learned here with someone else
- Ask Jesus if there is anything else he wants to say you
- What burden has the Lord put on your heart? Pray for it!
- Spend at least 5 minutes praising God (can listen to worship music)
- Who wrote this part of the bible?
- What circumstance or event prompted this incident or teaching?
- Who was this text written to?
- Why did the person act as he did? Or say what he said?
The Great Summer Challenge!!!
- Do P-SOAP-Q 3 times a week for the 9 weeks of summer
o 1 time must be with a friend or parent (Per week)
o The other 2 can be solo
o You must spend an hour per P-SOAP-Q If you finish one chapter start the process on the next one.
o Start in the book of Galatians, and work your way to the end of the bible from there.
- Memorize 12 bible verses, and be able to recite all of them on Sept 4th
- Must keep all P-SOAP-Q’s in 1 journal
- Spend at least 1 hour (in one time chunk) in prayer every week